Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Finals Week: Lighting Project

In the final days of my principles of design class I was to make my own light fixture. I had so many different ideas and really wanted to do a chandelier design, but due to time and utility restraints I decided to go with a simpler table lamp fixture. To accomplish my design I had to visit many hardware stores, craft stores, and even resort to some drafting supplies. Here is a list of the supplies I used:
  • -1 Crawdad Catcher (fishing dept.)
  • -1 Empty paint can
  • -1 ft. Heavy Duty suspension wire
  • -75+ Crystals
  • -3 Sheets drafting vellum
  • -1 Can metallic spray paint
  • + trial & error assembly


In the end it all came together and was even done a couple days early!  I was finally in class and about to present when it all came down... the whole structure came down and crystals were everywhere, but by then I just laughed it off and was glad my work was over.




The final project looked just how I wanted, elegant, whimsical and bright...now I just need to work on the sustainability.

No comments: